Prof. Humayoun Ihsan is an educationist who has been in the field for over thirty years. He received his B.A, LLB, and M.A. from the University of Punjab and went to pursue Graduate courses from the University of California, Berkeley in comparative foreign policies. He received his LLM from the Washington College of Law graduating with distinctions. He holds a PHD from the American University in D.C.
He has been the recipient of several awards including ‘Best teacher of the year’, Chief Minister’s Teaching 1st prize and was nominated for running the best college in the private sector. He has practiced law as an associate at various firms in Pakistan and the US and continues to serve as the Dean at the Pakistan College of Law as well as the Vice Chairman of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan. He is a member of various national and international organizations including Lahore bar Association, Council of National Affairs, Member Global Alliance for Justice Education (USA & Europe) and many more. As one of the founding directors of Akhuwat, his service to the organization is of great value.
- 1985-86 : Formally Forwarded to Ph.D. Candidacy with Honors at The School of International Service, The American University, Washington, D.C.
- Curriculum : International Law, International Relations, & Political Economy. President Graduate Students Council, (1986-87). Recipient of Graduate Honors Award (1985-86)
- 1983-85 : LL.M. Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C. (Distinctions; Highest Grade Point Average & Certificate of Honor), Member Advisory Board,American University Journal of International Law & Policy.
- 1982-83 : University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A., Graduate Courses in Comparative Foreign Policies
- 1979-80 : M.A. in Political Science with Specialization in International Law, International Organization & International Relations, University of the Punjab.
- 1977-78 : LL.B. Punjab University Law College Lahore, Member Editorial Board, Vice-President Students Union: University Distinction
- 1974-76 : B.A. Punjab University Lahore, Majors in English, Economics, & Political Science; Minor in Persian.
Dean, Pakistan College of Law
Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (England)
Founding Director Akhuwat Pakistan
Vice Chairman Human Rights of Pakistan
Founder/Patron Pakistan Law Review
Formerly (2007-2010) Project Coordinator
National University of Law & Social Sciences
Honorable Professor George Washington University, Washington, D.C
Member Hamdard Parliament
Member High Court Bars of Pakistan
Member Lahore Bar Association
Director South Asian Legal Education Consortium
Vice President South Asian Law School’s Forum
Member Steering Committee – National Law University
Member Einstein Forum – Germany
Member Education Committee, Law Asia, Australia
Member Commonwealth Legal Education Association
Member Global Alliance for Justice Education (USA & Europe)
Member Forum of Federations, Canada
Member Forum of Family – USA
Member Markazia Majlis-i-Iqbal Pakistan
Member Council of National Affairs
Member Board of Governors, Centre for Policy & Development Alternatives.
Member Board of Governor Minhaj University
Member SAARC Law Group
Member Peace Studies Committee
Life Member World Wildlife Federation
Former Member International Committee for the Community of Democracies
Former Member National Committee, Family Planning Association of Pakistan, 1992-95
Former Chairman Legal Education Committee, Lahore High Court Bar Association, 1992-93.
Former Member Punjab University’s Rules Committee
Former Director Punjab Education Foundation
Former Member Chief Minister’s Task Force on Education
1995-96 Partner Shamsi & Humayoun, Corporate Law Associates
1983-84 Associate of Surrey & Morse, Attorneys-at-Law, Washington, D.C., U.S.A
1979-81 Associate of Sardar Iqbal & Company, Attorneys-at-Law, Lahore
(Law office of Former Chief Justice, Former Ombudsman of Pakistan, Sardar Muhammad Iqbal).