Volunteerism is a core practice in Akhuwat’s philosophy and practices. Our volunteers hail from all walks of life, bringing their diversified perspectives to Akhuwat and serving as agents of change. These are the visionaries who work tirelessly to spread the message of MawaKhat مواخات or solidarity.
Akhuwat believes that an ideal social enterprise is a blend of committed volunteerism and necessary compensation for services. Akhuwat’s projects have a bottom-up approach which engages volunteers who will be interacting with beneficiaries, conducting field visits and partaking in on-line sensitization campaigns. If you are interested in social change, community-driven projects and entrepreneurship, then Akhuwat is the place for you.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in social development
- Willingness to work with a diverse community
- Comfortable with using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
Volunteers will be required to do the following:
- Help create social change in their personal spheres of power and influence.
- Share Akhuwat’s philosophy with at least 12 people per month.
- Collect 100 items of clothing per month which will be distributed among the underprivileged through the Akhuwat Clothes Bank.
- Be a part of “Buy a brick” campaign for Akhuwat University Kasur.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- On successful completion of the program, volunteers will receive a certificate of completion. In case of extraordinary performance, volunteers will be made Akhuwat Ambassadors in their respective cities.
- Becoming a part of a global network of over 5000 volunteers.
- Volunteers will also receive feedback on their performance to build their profiles.
- Get mentorship from Akhuwat’s project leads and managers.
To volunteer with Akhuwat sign up here