The phenomenal growth of Akhuwat is, Alhamdulillah, in large part due to the unwavering support of Akhuwat’s family comprising of its volunteer body and staff. They hail from all walks of life bringing their diversified perspectives to Akhuwat, serve as agents of change and work tirelessly to spread the message of MawaKhat (مواخات). (solidarity).
Akhuwat believes that an ideal social enterprise is a blend of committed volunteerism and necessary compensation for services. Hence even our paid staff is infused with the spirit of volunteerism. They are paid for 40 hours a week but voluntarily work for 50-60 hours a week. Akhuwat strives to mobilize all members of society to become active partners in poverty alleviation.
- Help fulfilling our mission.
- Help create social change in your spheres of power and influence.
- Build sustainability of work and increase diverse perspectives in the organization.
- Help raise money and stimulate interest of donors.
- Increase credibility, particularly in campaign work.
- Act as a catalyst to change the attitudes and beliefs in your communities.